Tuesday, June 2, 2009

*help*please*

i spent another weekend obsessing over locs. i stalked just about every blog relating to all types of different locs! with each one i am more inspired, although i am still a bit apprehensive. i don't know why exactly. i've been natural for 5+ years already. i am pretty comfortable with my natural hair. i just think i need to talk to someone who actually has locs. i think i need a little push to get me off the fence. problem is, no one has replied to my requests nor comments. i visit other blogs and i leave comments and questions in hopes that at least Some One will communicate with me. so far, no good. (sigh) *help*please*

i went to anais karim's fotki and was amazed at her hair! she started out with micro bradelocz. i want mine to be that size for styling flexibility, however, i don't know if i can maintain it by myself.

i did a few test locs on myself. (i misplaced my camera and will post the pics soon) i made teeny tiny twists and used a small amount of styling gel to keep them together. i must say that i liked the result! i expected the ends to curl and wave but i didn't expect the entire length of my hair to do it too. my hair looks like very slim telephone cords. lol. my husband admired them and my 8 year old daughter liked them so much she wants me to do hers too! i will be looking on the web for little girls who have micro locs to show her what she can expect. i'm confident that i can maintain her locs. i'll be using the latching method. i never put relaxer in her hair. i tried to instill in her the true beauty of her natural hair. i'm glad to see that she likes locs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I am sorry no one has talked to you what do you want to know if you have visited blogs maybe some of the ladies assumed that you already knew what you needed to in regards to the locking process because usually during the point of locking most people have (I hope) researched what they will be doing so that they have no false expectations. If you ever link to creyoles blog her daughter has them and curls that god made is another link. I know of another but I don't frequent the little kids sites. I have boys. There are braid locks and a lady named Tra has those. Go to the Lock Exchange and just start clicking away. Go to Blaqkofi's site she will give you advice as well as Brunsli and Dewdrop..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    Believe it or not, I had been thinking about you. I told you about a weight loss regiment that I was looking into, and don't you know I still haven't gotten it in the mail?! Anyhow, how are you making out?

    Thank you for the info! I saw Creyole's daughter's hair. She is a cutie pie and her hair is very inspirational. In fact, I showed her hair to my daughter. Blackluvdmom's daughter's hair reminded me so much of my own daughter's hair. Looking at her micro braidlocks gave me the courage I needed to go ahead. As of June 12, 2009, my eldest daughter is a member of the loc'ed community! It took me a week to install her braidlocks but each time I look at them I know it was worth the time and effort. Now if only I can find someone to do mine. *sigh* Thank you again so much for the info and I will check out the other ladies' as well. Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete