Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's MY Turn




Yay for me!! I have finally begun my lock journey. I locked up on Mother's Day weekend by way of 2 strand twist. I actually tried to lock my hair back in March, but it was so terrible that I didn't even bother posting nor did I take any pictures. It was that bad! She attempted to lock my hair with a comb coils but it wasn't for me. I love the way comb coils look. I think they're a wonderful way to lock hair, but if your hair is shoulder length or longer, it doesn't work well. It partially unraveled and I tried to salvage it, but it just didn't look right. It did actually start to lock but it was lumpy, gnarled and weird looking. My hair looked like it had rheumatoid arthritis! It was embarrassing. We'll see how long this new set will take to lock. I would've liked them a bit smaller, but I'm not mad. I would like to be able to style my hair but I know I need to leave it alone. Not being able to wash it for a couple weeks will be my biggest challenge. I LOVE to wash my hair or at least run it under the shower head when I take a shower. It feels so invigorating. I bought the locktician's hair spray and it contains witch hazel, among other things, and it feels nice to spray my scalp with it. Anyhow, I am excited to see where this lock journey takes me. I will keep you all updated with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment